If you have, like I do, a LOT of pictures that you’d love to frame, but not enough walls and frames to do it, here is a very nice DIY for an original photo display! You’ll LOVE it!
This display is not only original, beautiful, simple and has an aesthetic design but also it allows you to show lots of pictures and to change very easily! All of that is possible with some embroidery hoops, mini clothespins, hot glue, and some cord or wire. You’re all set!
Following is an overview of the display when finished. With some black and white pictures, it really catches the eye!
To realize this DIY, you’ll need :
- 3 wood embroidery hoops (3 different sizes)
- About 20 mini clothespins
- Glue, a strong one
- Your pictures!
- Brushed some wood stain on the hoops and clothespins, if necessary.
- Glue the clothespins around the hoop frames with a hot glue gun, or without of you don’t have one (like me!). Just be careful with the space to leave between two clothespins. It has to be long enough to attach the photos with superimposing them.
- Then pull out some wire and create a sort of mobile with the hoops.
- Print the pictures if not already done
Last step, attach the photos!
(If you want to see some pictures of every step, you should go to Natalie’s blog “Natalme” : http://www.natalme.com/fireplace/)
We’d love to see your work, so please don’t hesitate to post some pictures of it! And if you have any comment on the DIY, I’ll be happy to read it.
More DIY and ideas for handmade things on my Pinterest board “DIY Treasures” : http://pinterest.com/sophieetrenee/d-i-y-treasures/